Senior / 3rd line IT Technician (Full Time)
Based in Newton Abbot, we are looking for a dynamic, technically capable individual to join our expanding IT team. This is both a customer facing and remote support role reporting directly to the Dept Head. The team is responsible for supporting over 600 customers with varied IT needs from Office365 to managed networked switches and providing connectivity support of over 1500 network print / copy and scan devices across the Southwest. You will be working alongside an experienced team of hardware technicians while supporting both internal and contracted customers. This role is considered pivotal in expanding our IT services / enabler products to SME and education sector customers with the key driver in providing the highest standard of customer care.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in high level IT support, fault diagnosis and project management and will be a key technical figure within the department.
A challenging and rewarding position with career potential, come and join our friendly team.
Role Overview & Core Requirements:
- Microsoft / CompTia or equivalent accreditation
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft technology stack – Office365, Windows OS (Desktop and Server), Active Directory
- Further knowledge of IT security, network infrastructure and integrated cloud services
- Highly proficient in end user IT support and escalated problem resolution both remotely and customer facing
- Has a thorough understanding of available technology and researches to learn about innovative solutions and new releases
- The ability to work under pressure, meet project deadlines and occasionally deputise for the Dept Head when required.
- Providing the highest level of customer care requiring excellent written and verbal communications, able to maintain accurate and clear documentation
- Focus, drive and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Full driving licence
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours if required
- Knowledge of iOS, Android and Linux systems
- Knowledge of the printer / MFD industry and Papercut print management suite
For all enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org